Culture & Language
Chinese Plus is an after school Chinese language program providing the SSIS community with opportunity to improve their Chinese skills in a relaxed environment with qualified teachers from Hong N Chinese Institute.
The program is designed for students and parents whose second language is Chinese, and helps students to prepare for the HSK (Level 1-6) or the YCT (Level 1-4).
- Different levels of classes are available to suit the student’s Chinese language level
- The program runs for 11 weeks (including 21 lessons for parents, 11 lessons for teachers)
- Chinese Plus for SSIS Parents: Two lessons per week - beginner level (21 lessons: 1,575 RMB)
- Chineses Plus for SSIS Teachers: One lesson per week - beginner level (10 lessons: no charge)- class full & intermediate level (10 lessons: no charge)
- Chinese language classroom BN101
First Session: Monday 11 September 2017 (SSIS Parents), Wednesday 13 September 2017 (SSIS Teachers)
Download class schedule here.
For more information or to join Chinese Plus classes please contact:Contact Person: Ms. Cecilia Sun
Mobile: 158 5002 8332
Office Phone: 0512-67612577
Please click here to register.
English Plus is an after school English program that provides children and adults with the opportunity to improve their English in a relaxed environment. Taught by qualified teachers from Suzhou Singapore International School, the program is designed for children and adults whose second language is English.
This fast paced and rigorous programme is designed to improve reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
Taught by experienced school teachers using internationally recognized English language textbooks.
Classroom activities include vocabulary drills, writing tasks, class discussion, individual and group presentations and debates.
Lessons are taught in a small group setting (max 12 students per class) ensuring the teacher is able to differentiate to meet individual student needs.
Students are assessed at the commencement and completion of the course and are able to move to a higher level class within the programme as their English proficiency improves.
- English Plus for Grades 3-4, Tuesdays and Fridays, 15:40 - 16:50, Saturday 9:00 - 10:30 (Grade 3) and 10:30-12:00 (Grade 4)
- English Plus for Grades 5-10, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 17:00 - 18:30 (No Saturday class)
- English Plus for Adults, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 17:00 - 18:30 (No Saturday class)
SSIS community: Weekday - 6,400 RMB per year (2 lessons per week = 64 lessons). Saturday - 2,700 RMB (1 lesson per week = 27 lessons)
Non SSIS community: Weekday - 7,680 RMB per year (2 lessons per week = 64 lessons). Saturday - 3,240 RMB (1 lesson per week = 27 lessons)
Classes start in the week commencing 1 September 2017. However if places are available, students are welcome to join anytime throughout the year.
Class size: 10 students for Grades 3-4, 12 for Grade 5 and above.
Transportation is provided for SSIS students on the weekday SIP bus routes. Students are encouraged to join another activity before their English Plus class starts at 17:00.
Download class schedule here
For more information or to register for English Plus please contact: email@example.com
Please click here to register.